Mission & Vision (Click Here to view this page in Spanish)
The following statements have been adopted by the Luthern Hispanic Missionary Institute as our Mission and Vision. Again, the overarching desire is to preach the Gospel so that souls are brought into a relationship with Jesus Christ.
The mission of the Lutheran Hispanic Missionary Institute is training workers to multiply healthy Hispanic ministries.
We commit to:
- TRAIN men and women as missionaries for service as evangelists, deacons and deaconesses with a spirit of humble obedience (Phil 2:5-8), sowing the seed of the Gospel among Hispanics.
- PARTNER with individuals, congregations, and other Lutheran organizations to extend outreach to Hispanics.
- MULTIPLY Hispanic missions throughout the United States and beyond to fulfill the Lord’s Great Commission (Matt 28:18-20).
- NURTURE new workers and ministries in response to His Great Commandment (Matt 22:37-40).
- OFFER support and advice to new leaders and new evangelistic efforts
“Mi casa es tu casa.” The Lord Jesus says this with great generosity of spirit to all sinners (Jn 14:3) but especially to those who would enjoy His hospitality in Spanish. This is the passion of the Luthern Hispanic Missionary Institute (LHMI) and its partners. We will raise and send missionaries that are theologically competent, intentionally missional, of a strong Lutheran mindset, able to teach and preach the amazing grace of Christ’s hospitality among Hispanics, here and abroad, with the cultural sensitivity that exudes the loving and humble generosity of His Spirit. The invited will know for certain that they are welcome in “La Casa del Senor,” the church militant, of which our beloved LCMS is a part. (Jn 14:2)